Friday, August 21, 2009


Selling: Job Or Passion


Let me let you in on a little secret.

People who can tell you exactly how much time they have until they can retire are probably not passionate about their work.

They go to work but they don't love the work.

Nothing wrong with being a union worker. But every union worker can tell you how many years, months, and days they have until retirement.

Here's a wild thought for today - life is not a dress rehearsal.

You have one shot at it.

Here's my advice in a nutshell. I believe it applies during good times and even during recessions.

What are you passionate about?

What kind of work is associated with your passion?

If your work is your passion - it's not really work is it?

On the subject of retirement, why would you stop doing what you love doing?

Going to a job is hardly living your life.

Being passionate about your work is a whole different ballgame.

21 years ago I resigned my position as a vice president of sales and marketing for the Baxter.

Here's why I did it. I didn't want to reach the end of my life thinking "If only" or "It might have been."

So I made the biggest decision of my life to follow my passion. That also happens to be the best decision of my life.

If I can do it, so can you.

When you're passionate, it's easier to make every day in your life a masterpiece . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a professional sales representative
or entrepreneur I welcome your comments!